We have decided to try something new in 2020 and replace our annual two-day conference with smaller, more regular events throughout the year that will vary by format and topic. We will then review the success of this new approach at the end of next year to decide what 2021 will look like.This is an exciting opportunity for us to be innovative and try fresh ideas while honouring our longstanding mission – support people in government agencies to connect, learn and share about all aspects of information and technology.
Our aim is to bring you:
- A more diverse format of events – short lunchtime forum, half-day symposium, workshops, lean coffee meetups…
- Inspirational and engaging presenters from varied background and expertise, bringing you a wide range of perspective.
- Topics that are relevant to you and that will add value to your work.
What does it mean for you?
As a GOVIS member, you will be able to:
- Attend great events fostering creative thinking and knowledge sharing on a wide range of ICT related topics.
- Enjoy more frequent opportunities to network and connect with your peers and colleagues within the industry.
- Grow or deepen your understanding of the ICT landscape and initiatives across the public sector in New Zealand.
We are finalising our planning of events for 2020 and will publish our programme for the year on our GOVIS website. Keep an eye out!
Ngā mihi nui,
The GOVIS organising committee